The ultimate hackable headphone amp for your desk! Build your own home-brew iPod Nano with the PiMoroni Pirate Audio Headphone Amp! It\'s an all-in-one solution, with gorgeous album art display, track info, and playback controls, for playing your local audio files (MP3, FLAC, etc) or streaming music from Spotify. The DAC and headphone amp give you crisp digital amplified audio through your wired headphones.
The PiMoroni Pirate Audio Headphone Amp for Raspberry Pi has an I2S DAC, headphone amplifier, high-res display, and playback control buttons. The PiMoroni Pirate Audio Headphone Amp for Raspberry Pi is compatible with a 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models.
Pirate Audio is a range of all-in-one audio boards for Raspberry Pi, with high-quality digital audio, beautifully-crisp IPS displays for album art, tactile buttons for playback control, and our custom Pirate Audio software and installer to make setting it all up a breeze.
* Amplified digital audio (24-bit / 192KHz) over I2S
* PAM8908 headphone amplifier chip
* Low gain / high-gain switch (high-gain boosts by 12dB)
* PCM5100A DAC chip
* 3.5mm stereo jack
* 1.3\" IPS color LCD (240x240px) (ST7789 driver)
* Four tactile buttons
* Mini HAT-format board
* Compatible with all 40-pin header Raspberry Pi models
* Dimensions: 65 x 30.5 x 9.5mm
* [Pirate Audio Software and Installer](https://github.com/pimoroni/pirate-audio)
* [PAM8908 Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/e/1/8/3/8/DS-16326-PAM8908.pdf)
* [PCM5100A DAC Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/9/1/f/9/8/DS-16326-PCM5100A.pdf)