Have you ever wanted to build your own mechanical keyboard, but you don\'t know where to start? Maybe you\'re a keyboard hacker extraordinaire and you\'re looking for a handy development platform. Either way, we designed the Qwiic Keyboard Explorer for you.
The Qwiic Keyboard Explorer is a 14-key mechanical keyboard kit based on our [Qwiic Pro Micro](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15795) development board. On its own, it makes a conveniently sized programmable macro pad, but we\'ve also included plenty of prototyping space along the top for experimenting with all kinds of keyboard peripherals. If soldering isn\'t your thing, take advantage of the Pro Micro\'s Qwiic connector to attach any board from our [Qwiic](https://www.sparkfun.com/qwiic) ecosystem! The standoff holes surrounding the prototyping area are spaced to accommodate most Qwiic boards for convenient mounting.
The kit comes with everything that you need to build the keyboard as pictured, including [Cherry MX Blue](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13834) keyswitches and [translucent black keycaps](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15307). The only thing you need to bring to the party is your solder and soldering iron. Check out the Arduino example code to get started with programming your keyboard with custom macros!
Assembly Tips: Be sure to snap the keyswitches into the white switchplate PCB before soldering them to the main board. Also, take care to install the diodes as indicated by the silkscreen.
Experimental Product: SparkX products are rapidly produced to bring you the most cutting edge technology as it becomes available. These products are tested but come with no guarantees. Live technical support is not available for SparkX products. Head on over to our forum for support or to ask a question.
* Switchplate PCB
* Main Keyboard PCB
* [Mini Slide Switch](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/102)
* [Qwiic Pro Micro - USB-C](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15795)
* 14 x [Small Signal Diodes](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/8588)
* 14 x [Cherry MX Blue Keyswitches](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13834)
* 14 x [Translucent Black R2 Keycaps](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15307)
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/8/a/8/3/4/Qwiic_Keyboard_Explorer.zip)
* [GitHub Hardware Repo](https://github.com/sparkfunX/Qwiic_Keyboard_Explorer)
* [Arduino Examples](https://github.com/sparkfunX/Qwiic_Keyboard_Explorer/tree/master/Software)