The SparkFun OpenLog Artemis is an open source data logger that comes preprogrammed to automatically log IMU, GPS, serial data, and various pressure, humidity, and distance sensors. All without writing a single line of code! OpenLog Artemis, or \"OLA,\" automatically detects, configures, and logs Qwiic sensors. The OLA is specifically designed for users who just need to capture a lot of data to a CSV and get back to their larger project.
Included on every OpenLog Artemis is an IMU for built-in logging of triple-axis accelerometer, gyro, and magnetometer. Whereas the original [9DOF Razor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14001) used the old MPU-9250, the OpenLog Artemis uses the latest ICM-20948 from InvenSense capable of nearly 250Hz logging of all nine axes. Simply power up the OpenLog Artemis and all incoming serial data is automatically recorded to a log file with baud rates up to 500000bps , supported! The OLA also has four ADC channels available on the edge of the board. Voltages up to 2V can be logged with 14-bit precision up to 1900Hz for one channel and 1000Hz logging all four channels. Additionally, based on feedback from users we\'ve added an on-board RTC so that all data can be time stamped.
The OpenLog Artemis is highly configurable over an easy to use serial interface. Simply plug in a USB-C cable and open a terminal at 115200bps. The logging output is automatically streamed to both the terminal and the microSD. Pressing any key will open the configuration menu.
The OpenLog Artemis automatically scans, detects, configures, and logs various Qwiic sensors plugged into the board (No soldering! No programming!). Currently, auto-detection is supported on the following Qwiic products:
* uBlox GPS Modules (Lat/Long, Altitude, Velocity, SIV, Time, Date):
* [ZED-F9P](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15136) 1cm High Precision GPS
* [NEO-M8P-2](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15005) 2.5cm High Precision GPS
* [SAM-M8Q](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15210) 1.5m 72 Channel GPS
* [ZOE-M8Q](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15193) 1.5m Compact GPS
* [NEO-M9N](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15712) 1.5m GPS
* [MCP9600 Thermocouple Amplifier](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16294)
* [NAU7802 Load Cell Amplifier](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15242)
* [LPS25HB Barometric Pressure Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14767)
* [BME280 Humidity and Barometric Pressure Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15440)
* [MS5637 Barometric Pressure Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14688)
* [MS8607 Pressure Humidity Temperature Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16298)
* [MPR0025PA MicroPressure Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16476)
* [TMP117 High Precision Temperature Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15805)
* [AHT20 Humidity and Temperature Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16618)
* [SHTC3 Humidity and Temperature Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16467)
* [CCS811 Air Quality Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14348)
* [SGP30 Air Quality Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16531)
* [SCD30 CO2 and Air Quality Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15112)
* [SN-GCJA5 Particle Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/17123)
* [VEML6075 UV Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15089)
* [VCNL4040 Proximity Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/15177)
* [VL53L1X LIDAR Distance Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/14722)
* [ADS122C04 ADC PT100 Sensor](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16770)
* [Qwiic Mux](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/16784) allowing for the chaining of up to 64 unique buses!
* More boards are being added all the time!
This OpenLog uses common microSD cards to record clear text, comma separated files. You probably already have a microSD card laying around but if you need any additional units see the related items below. The OpenLog Artemis supports microSD cards formatted as FAT32 as well as the older FAT16 formats up to 32GB. Currently, the OpenLog Artemis does not support microSD cards formatted with exFAT but we plan to offer support for it in the future
Very low power logging is supported. OpenLog Artemis can be configured to take readings at 500 times a second, or as slow as 1 reading every 24 hours. You choose! When there is more than 2 seconds between readings OLA will automatically power down itself and the sensors on the bus resulting in a sleep current of approximately 18uA. This means a normal [2Ah battery](https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13855) will enable logging for more than 4,000 days! OpenLog Artemis has built-in LiPo charging set at 450mA/hr.
New features are constantly being added so weâ€™ve released an easy to use firmware upgrade tool. No need to install Arduino or a bunch of libraries, simply open the [Artemis Firmware Upload GUI](https://github.com/sparkfun/Artemis-Firmware-Upload-GUI), load the latest OLA firmware, and add features to OpenLog Artemis as they come out!
The OLA can be tailored to many different applications and we will be releasing custom versions of the firmware which can be found on our *Documents* tab above.
*The SparkFun Qwiic connect system is an ecosystem of I2C sensors, actuators, shields and cables that make prototyping faster and less prone to error. All Qwiic-enabled boards use a common 1mm pitch, 4-pin JST connector. This reduces the amount of required PCB space, and polarized connections mean you canâ€™t hook it up wrong.*
* [Eagle Files](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/f/d/5/b/9/SparkFun_Artemis_OpenLog_9DoF_IMU_v1_0_latest.zip)
* [Hookup Guide](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/openlog-artemis-hookup-guide)
* [Board Dimensions](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/8/2/1/a/4/SparkFun_OpenLog_Artemis-9DoF_Board_Dimensions.png)
* [Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/d/e/8/b/4/Apollo3_Blue_MCU_Data_Sheet_v0_12_1_rZ9Akgo.pdf) (Apollo3)
* [Datasheet](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/7/f/e/c/d/DS-000189-ICM-20948-v1.3.pdf) (ICM-20948)
* [Artemis Integration Guide](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/assets/8/7/5/3/f/Artemis_Integration_Guide.pdf)
* [Designing with the SparkFun Artemis](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/designing-with-the-sparkfun-artemis)
* [Artemis Development with Arduino](https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/artemis-development-with-arduino)
* [Arduino Core](https://github.com/sparkfun/Arduino_Apollo3)
* [Artemis Forums](https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewforum.php?f=167)
* [Artemis Info Page](https://www.sparkfun.com/artemis)
* [Qwiic Info Page](https://www.sparkfun.com/qwiic)
* [Artemis Firmware Uploader GUI](https://github.com/sparkfun/Artemis-Firmware-Upload-GUI)
* Latest OLA firmware: [v1.7](https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog_Artemis/blob/master/Binaries/OpenLog_Artemis-V10-v17.bin)
* [Geophone Logger firmware](https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog_Artemis_Geophone_Logger) for logging seismic activity
* [GNSS Logger](https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog_Artemis_GNSS_Logger) for advanced data logging with the uBlox F9 and M9 GNSS modules including support for RAWX and RELPOSNED
* [GitHub Hardware Repo](https://github.com/sparkfun/OpenLog_Artemis/tree/master)