This is the Vernier Motion Detector, a simple sensor that can be used to collect position, velocity and acceleration data of moving objects. This Vernier sensor can be used to study the motion of walking individuals, bouncing objects, a swinging pendulum, or anything else that moves.
These Motion Detectors can measure moving objects as close as 15 cm in front of them and as far as 6 meters away with a resolution of 1 mm. These Vernier sensors are also equipped with a pivoting head to help the user gain a different angle of view of a moving object and a sensitivity switch to produce higher quality data.
Vernier Software and Technology has been a leader in data collection and analysis for educators world-wide. They were amongst the first companies to design and promote the use of computers, sensors, and data collection in K-12 classroom laboratory experiments.
**Note:** Due to manufacturerâ€™s restrictions, we can only ship these to the USA. Sorry world!
* 1x Vernier Motion Detector
* 1x British Telecom Cable
* Range: 15cm to 6 m
* Resolution: 1 mm
* Pivoting Head
* [User Manual](https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/Proximity/md-btd.pdf)
* [Arduino and Vernier Sensors](http://www.vernier.com/engineering/arduino/)
* [Product Page](http://www.vernier.com/products/sensors/motion-detectors/md-btd/)
* [GitHub](https://github.com/VernierSoftwareTechnology/arduino) (Example Code)
* [Product Video](https://www.sparkfun.com/videos#all/fRPEnFqhlmQ/396)